Refuse Collection Day
- Zone 1 & 2 Refuse collection is weekly on a Monday
- Zone 3 & Rural Condingup Refuse collection is weekly on a Tuesday
- Zone 4, Rural Gibson, Scaddan, Grass Patch, Salmon Gums & Cascades Refuse collection is weekly on a Wednesday
- Zone 5 Refuse collection is weekly on a Thursday
- Zone 6 Refuse collection is weekly on a Friday
Recycling Collection Day
Week 1 Recycling - Esperance CBD, West Beach, Castletown 1, Sinclair, Nulsen, Lake Warden, Gibson, Monjingup & Shark Lake:
- Recycling collection is fortnightly on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday (please reference collection map for your service day if you are unsure)
Week 2 Recycling - Pink Lake, Esperance, Castletown 2 & Chadwick:
- Recycling collection is fortnightly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday (please reference collection map for your service day if you are unsure)
There will be no changes to your collection service for the Labour Day Public Holiday.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION REGARDING SKIP BIN SERVICES FOR ESPERANCE
If you are a resident in the Esperance Shire and would like to order a skip bin please phone our office on 08 9641 1318 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Skip bin will be place at the discretion of the truck driver to ensure there will be no unnecessary damage in placing or collecting the bin to any property.
YOU MAY NOT USE THE SKIP BIN TO DISPOSE OF:
- Vehicle Bodies or Part Vehicle Bodies
- Gas Cylinders
* IMPORTANT – The 5m3 Skip bin has a 5 TONNE WEIGHT LIMIT and the 8m3 Skip bin has an 8 TONNE WEIGHT LIMIT the bin must not be overloaded.
When can I put my bins out?
Bins need to be placed on the kerb by 5am on the morning of your collection day to ensure your bins are collected.
Where should I place my bins for collection?
Your bins need to be placed on the kerb with unobstructed access. Your bins should face the road with the handles facing your property. If you have more than one refuse service, it is important to place the bins at least 50cms apart to ensure there is no interference with the collection arm.
How do I get a refuse bin?
Each new service receives a Refuse and Recycling Bin (size as requested). These bins remain the property of your Local Shire. If the Refuse/Recycling Bin is lost, stolen, damaged or you would like to arrange a new or additional service you need to contact your Local Shire.
Why wasn’t my refuse bin collected?
There are a couple reasons why a bin may not be emptied.
- Your bins were not placed out on time.
- Your bins may have been obstructed by parked cars or trees for example.
- Your bin was overweight. The maximum weight your bin can be is 70kg.
- Some of the refuse is stuck in the bin causing refuse not to empty when the bin is tipped. Foam, polystyrene, grass clippings are common causes for this.
- You have placed unacceptable items in your bin.
- You do not have a refuse service. If this is the case you need to contact the shire to arrange one.
If your bin was missed and you are unsure as to why, please contact our office on 9641 1318.
What can’t I place in the refuse bin?
Please refrain from placing hot or burning ashes, bricks, rocks, soil, paints, hazardous material, solvents or liquid waste into your bin.
How will my bin collection be affected by public holidays?
Your refuse will be collected as normal on most public holidays. The only exception to this is Christmas day. If your collection day falls on this day, alternative arrangements will be made and you will be advised by your Local Shire it will also be posted in 'Important Information' on this Website.
My bin is broken, how do I fix this?
Occasionally over the life time of your bin, parts may be required to be replaced. For example, bin lids, lid pins, wheels and axles. To report any repairs, please contact your Local Shire.